The Hot And The Ugly: Pros And Cons Of Sex With Your Ex
Your ex is an ex for a reason right? If everything had been paradise, the two of you would still be together, but you aren’t. Clearly there was a problem.
What if the sex was good… Should you reconnect with your ex for sex?
It may seem like a good idea to bring an ex back into the picture, especially if the sex had always been mind-blowing, but it may be more trouble than it’s worth. This will not just work like any other “no strings attached” arrangement that you might have had in the past.
- You already know what you are getting. Unless she has undergone some life-philosophy changing event or developed a personality disorder, chances are if the sex was good before it will still be good
- You know what turns her on. Unlike starting from zero with a new girl and playing the “this not that” game to figure out what gets her hot, you already have the inside knowledge of what gets this girl off.
- Without the pressures of the being a couple, sex with her could be better than ever. You both know that you get to put your clothes on and go your separate ways afterwards with none of the hassle of fighting over whose turn it is to make dinner or let the dog out.
- There were feelings before, there will probably be feelings again. This isn’t some quick and simple hook up with a random girl from the bar. This is a woman that you have history with. If either of you had strong feelings in your previous situation, the chances of those surfacing again if you hook up now are highly likely.
- Old grudges die hard. You broke up for a reason and chances are that whichever of you feels you were wronged during that break up will find some way to voice that grievance during the reunion. Who wants to have a couples fight with someone you are no longer coupled with?
- You already know what you are getting. Yes, this was a pro as well but in the con regards, reconnecting for sex with an ex my make you feel like the adventure had been taken out of it for you a little. Unlike the excitement of being with someone new for the first time, you may feel like you need to fall back into the sexual routine with her that you had previously.
Reconnecting with an ex for sex can be a win/win set up if you are both coming into it with the same expectations. It can also get messy and complicated if issues from your previous relationship with her creep in.
My advice? Proceed with caution.